There’s always money in the banana stand. Why not make some money in your kitchen by freezing your own banana? No, wait, that came out wrong…
Looking for some themed snacks for your Arrested Development party? Here’s our own frozen banana recipe.
Ingredients (makes six frozen bananas)
Milk chocolate (500g)
Chopped nuts (we recommend walnuts)
1. Peel your bananas and chop off the ends. Then insert sticks up to the halfway point – careful not to let your point come out the other side. Ahem.
2. Put your bananas on a baking tray lined with baking paper (or kitchen foil). Place them in a freezer for at least an hour.
3. While the bananas are in the freezer, give your nuts a good bashing with a rolling pin. Or just them in your fingers and give them a squeeze for a few minutes. Then sprinkle them on a plate or flat surface.
4. Melt your chocolate – make sure you have more than just one 250g bar, which won’t be enough – in a bain-marie, or microwave it on a suitable plate for 30 seconds. Stir it and place it in a deep jug.
5. Once the hour (or so) is up, dip the bananas in the chocolate and roll them in the nuts. (Make sure you don’t wait too long – the chocolate gets hard very quickly.
6. Put them back in the freezer for another 30 minutes. And, if you’re lucky, you’ll have a real mess on your hands.
7. Ask friends if they would like a bite of your chocolate banana.
9. Apologise profusely.
For more on the Bluth family, read our interview with the Arrested Development cast.